The AE381 Hospitality Skill Set will cover:
Responsible service of alcohol
This unit will teach you the rules and regulations around alcohol and how to make basic drinks, including beer and wine, and how to serve alcohol in a responsible manner. You will then receive a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate, which is needed is you wish to gain employment at a venue with a bar.
Prepare and serve coffee
This unit will teach you how to use a coffee machine from scratch, including preparing and making coffee and cleaning the machine. You’ll learn how to create latte art and make all the coffee you would find in a café.
Serve food and beverage
You’ll be given the tools needed to properly serve food and beverages, including the skills required to prepare a restaurant for service, take orders, serve food and beverage and proper hygiene.
Provide service to customers
You’ll learn how to provide a top-quality service to customers, including de-escalation techniques for difficult customers and how to communicate effectively.
Process financial transactions
This unit will teach you skills required to process cash and other payments using a POS system.
Use hygiene practices for food safety
This unit will teach you hygienic procedures, such as cleaning and sanitising practices, correct storage temperatures, garbage disposal and cleaning food preparation areas.
Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
You’ll learn the procedures necessary to comply with infection prevention and control policies, including precautions and risks, and how to respond.
You must meet one of the criteria below to qualify for enrolment into the skill set.
- Persons aged 15-24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding school students).
- Persons and dependents of persons receiving: Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY.
- Persons and dependents of persons holding a:
- Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card
- Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Persons and dependants of persons in receipt of services from the following Commonwealth support or employment services programs: Jobactive, Online employment services, or ParentsNext.
- Dependants of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution.
The skill set is offered to you fee-free, subsidised by the Western Australian Government as part of the Priority Industry Training funding arrangements. You must be eligibile to enrol in this course. Read the elgibility criteria to see if you can enrol in this free Skill Set!
5 days a week over a 4 week period with one day in work placement
Currently offered in WA at our Bayswater campus:
- 13 Beechboro Rd Sth, Bayswater, WA 6053
This course consists of 7 core units:
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
- SITXFIN001 Process financial transactions
- SITXFSA001 Use hygiene practices for food safety
- HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
The Hospitality Service Skillset leads directly into full qualifications such as SIT30616 – Certificate III in hospitality
This skill set equips you with the skills for roles as a barista, front of house food/beverage attendant, or back of house kitchen attendant.
- The skill set comes with RSA and Barista Training.
Ready to start the AE381 Hospitality Skill Set?
You can apply via our online form or contact us by calling 1800 206 010 or emailing email@example.com and one of our course specialists will be in touch shortly. We also offer plenty of other hospitality training courses, including certificate II, III, IV and diplomas in hospitality management. To kick start your career in hospitality, apply to one of our courses today.