Before you apply for a visa

  • Check the entry requirements of your chosen course
  • Complete the English test and have required documents ready for the enrolment application
  • Complete the Enrolment process directly through SERO Institute or one of our registered agents

Visa requirements

As you are intending to undertake a Vocational Education and Training (VET) course, the student visa you should be applying for is Student visa (subclass 500) which allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognised education institution.

As a guide, the typical key requirements you will need to meet are:

  • An electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate
  • The genuine Temporary Entrant requirements
  • Sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs, e.g. rent/board, transport, food and clothing
  • English language proficiency
  • Health and character requirements
  • Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Student visa conditions

It’s important that you are aware of, and abide by, your visa conditions at all times.

  • You cannot work more than 40 hours per fortnight during study periods and you cannot commence paid work until you have started your course. You are able to work unlimited hours during any course breaks or holidays.
  • You must maintain enrolment in a Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) registered course and maintain satisfactory progress and/or attendance.
  • You must continue to satisfy the requirements of your student visa, including continuing to have sufficient financial capacity to support your study and stay in Australia.
  • You must maintain adequate health arrangements, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your stay in Australia.
  • You must maintain adequate schooling arrangements for your school-aged dependents who join you in Australia for longer than 3 months, as part of your student visa.

You must tell your education provider:

  • The address where you live in Australia, within seven days of arriving in Australia
  • If you change the address where you live, within seven days of the change
  • If you change education provider within seven days of receiving the electronic confirmation of enrolment (eCoE) or evidence of enrolment.

For further information on your visa and relevant conditions, refer to your visa grant notification, visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) or Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO).

Call Now Button