Medical Services

As an international student on a student visa, you are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your studies. OSHC is medical and Health insurance that you may need while studying in Australia. It is a government requirement and is compulsory.

What are you covered for? OSHC may help you pay for:

  • Medical practitioners (including specialists) who treat you at the doctor’s surgery, Hospital or at home
  • Pathology services as such blood tests
  • X-rays
  • Hospitals – Public or Private
  • Emergency ambulance transport (medically necessary). OSHC pays 100% of the charge for medically necessary ambulance transport when medical attention is required immediately
  • OSHC provides benefits for prescription medicines. You are required to pay a contribution towards the cost of each prescription item

Health cover with Bupa

You can access a range of information on the overseas student health cover website.

The current product sheet and brochures can be downloaded here as well as multilingual brochures and additional languages.

You can also go to the members help guide where you will find information about where to find our Bupa friendly doctors and hospitals, information on how students can make a claim and what they need to do if they feel sick.

The hospital network is the largest in Australia and students are able to find members first hospitals where we will finalise the bill directly with the hospital.

All students receive the OSHC brochure in their welcome pack with their cards.

Call Now Button