The AE380 Commercial Kitchen Skill Set cover:
Reason for studying & Skills learned:
This course will increase your chance of achieving a hospitality job as this skillset covers the essential criteria that all hospitality venues want prior to hiring.
AE380 Commercial Kitchen Skill Set will give you an introduction to working in kitchen operations in restaurants, hotels, catering facilities, clubs, pubs, cafes, aged care facilities, schools, and more. You will learn basic food preparation and cookery skills under the supervision of experienced commercial lecturer cooks.
This course will cover;
- Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- Use hygiene practices for food safety
- Participate in safe work practice
- Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- Use food preparation equipment
You may be eligible for free training – check conditions here
This skill set is available for free to residents of Western Australia who fall into one of the following categories.
- Persons aged 15-24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding students enrolled at school)
- Persons and dependents of persons receiving JobKeeper payment
- Persons and dependents of persons in receipt of services from one of the following Commonwealth support or employment services programs:
- Online Employment Services
- Persons and dependents of persons receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- Persons and dependents of persons holding:
- a pensioner concession card or Health Care Card; or
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Dependents of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution.
The skill set is offered to you fee-free, subsidised by the Western Australian Government as part of the Priority Industry Training funding arrangements. You must be eligibile to enrol in this course. Read the elgibility criteria to see if you can enrol in this free Skill Set!
The caveat “The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as Student service and resource fees”.
For more information about fee please refer to the brochure.
2 days a week over a 4 week period.
Currently offered in WA at our Bayswater campus:
- 13 Beechboro Road South, Bayswater WA 6053
- 13 MacKinnon Street, Rockingham WA 6168
This skill set will give you an introduction to working in kitchen operations in restaurants, hotels, catering facilities, clubs, pubs, cafes, coffee shops, aged care facilities, hospitals, prisons and schools.
Ready to start theAE380 Commercial Kitchen Skill Set?
You can apply via our online form or contact us by calling 1800 206 010 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our course specialists will be in touch shortly. We also offer plenty of other hospitality training courses, including certificate II, III, IV and diplomas in hospitality management. To kick start your career in hospitality, apply to one of our courses today.